when I plotting the volcano plot, I got some dots very top of the Y-axis because their padj nearly reached 0(I checked the data, I think they are reliable), so I followed the advice to add a very small value to padj(machine$double.xmin), but still got those dots formed a line. I think I heard these lines have a name like Texas arm(?) or Tech arm(?) something before, but I can't remember. Can someone tell me what's the name? Please help me. here is the plot : enter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ If there's a name for that then it's so obscure that if you used it in a paper the reviewers would have to google for it. $\endgroup$
    – Devon Ryan
    Jan 14 at 11:04
  • $\begingroup$ @DevonRyan Yes, I think you are right. Maybe I'm misremembering. Anyway, thank you for your help! $\endgroup$
    – Chu
    Jan 15 at 9:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.