Can some explain why when I run a REST API query on UniProt for one ID ('Q9UJL9'), the results for three IDs are returned?
The query I'm using is:
(I didn't hyperlink it since you need to see the query to see where I'm going wrong).
When I run the query above, the output is:
Entry Gene ontology (molecular function) Q9UJL9 DNA-binding transcription factor activity, RNA polymerase II-specific [GO:0000981]; DNA-binding transcription repressor activity, RNA polymerase II-specific [GO:0001227]; metal ion binding [GO:0046872]; RNA polymerase II transcription regulatory region sequence-specific DNA binding [GO:0000977] Q8WWY3 identical protein binding [GO:0042802]; ribonucleoprotein complex binding [GO:0043021]; RNA binding [GO:0003723]; snRNP binding [GO:0070990]; U4atac snRNA binding [GO:0030622]; U4 snRNA binding [GO:0030621] Q6A162 structural molecule activity [GO:0005198]
I checked the uniprot page of the query I want (Q9UJL9), the other items are interactors (along with many others) but not synonyms/linked (it seems, e.g my query is a zinc finger, one of the linked records, Q6A162, is a keratin protein).