I am involved in a Drosophila transcriptomics project in which we have been obtaining RNAseq data for microRNAs as well as mRNAs. In initial work we used CAP-miRSeq for the latter as the Tuxedo pipeline (used for the former) gave anomalous results for miRs. However we find that CAP-miRSeq can no longer find some dependencies it requires, and even when working it took an inordinate length of time to run. I wonder if anyone has experience of a more modern alternative that would preferably run on MacOS. My objective is to assign quantitive values of RPM to the set of microRNAs for the various tissues we are studying.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.