New answers tagged


UPDATE based on comment Simplest answer: just rescale your substitution rate from years to units of branch length. (Stop thinking in terms of years.) original answer The short answer is that you have to calibrate the branch lengths of the tree to yield the substitution rates per year you want. (Leave the topology alone.) Tree branch lengths are usually ...

Top 50 recent answers are included