Workflow Description Language; used to specify data processing and analysis workflows with a human-readable and -writeable syntax.
The WDL language is stewarded by the OpenWDL community as described at https://openwdl.org
Core WDL goals:
- Make it straightforward to define analysis tasks, chain them together in workflows, and parallelize their execution.
- Achieve portability not only across execution platforms, but also different types of users. Whether one is an analyst, a programmer, an operator of a production system, or any other sort of user, WDL should be accessible and understandable.
- WDL specification: https://github.com/openwdl/wdl
- Educational materials: https://github.com/openwdl/learn-wdl
- Slack workspace: https://openwdl.slack.com
- Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/openwdl.org/forum/#!forum/community
WDL workflows published in Dockstore: